Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Will Survive


On a telephone conversation this morning I was reminded that people, myself included, tend to believe what we hear without questioning until we experience the antithesis of what we originally held to be truth.

The comment was simply about how crocus' are prairie plants and do not grow in the forest because the prairie is their home. I apologize to my friend if he reads this, but I have to respond here as I did in our conversation, that I have seen with my eyes and felt with my hands that many crocus' live and thrive in the forest. He retracted by saying that he does not know the forest well.

All plants will take on the challenge of survival wherever they are given the chance. The plants that I will be moving this year are from an area of mixed Prairie, Aspen Parkland, and Boreal Transition. This means that there are many plants adapted to many different micro-climates and soil conditions. They live in an area that is becoming a double lane highway in the Nesbit Forest, Saskatchewan. In my experience, these plants will succeed at surviving and thriving if given the chance.

I would like to move as many as possible. I would like people to pay me what they can or trade, I don't want to turn anyone away because of money. With that said, if you can pay, the project can move more plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment